Thursday, January 26, 2006

Welcome to my PSD District B Weblog

This is a blog with two main purposes:

1. To offer my individual perspectives as a PSD Board of Education member
2. To give my constituents a place to raise concerns and ask questions

Please feel free to comment here; this is an open thread. Please note that all opinions I post here are my own, and not those of the Board as a whole.

I expect, with the recent 8 recommendations on District enrollment, and the ongoing discussion about District Late Start that there are lots of questions and concerns out there.

I will follow up later with some responses I have given to community members about specific conerns they have.

Welcome!

Ross Cunniff
Director
Poudre School District Board of Education
District B

4 Comments:

Blogger Ross Cunniff said...

jchess, I probably won't be able to convince you to change your mind. But I am curious: what failings are you referring to? I have, of course, heard various accounts of failings, but I don't want to assume that those are the ones you are talking about.

Please note, though, that I don't want to turn this blog into a discussion of national educational policy, except to the extent that Poudre School District is affected by it.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Bud Hunt said...

Mr. Cunniff,

I'm so pleased to see that you have become a blogger on behalf of the school district. I applaud your efforts to become more connected to the community. Since you see the value of blogging, perhaps you might persuade your district to begin to allow students to blog?

Bud Hunt
http://www.budtheteacher.com

8:50 PM  
Blogger Ross Cunniff said...

Bud,

I must admit, I do not know all of the details on PSD administrative regulations regarding student blogging. I will inform myself, and then get back to this thread.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Bud Hunt said...

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your openness!

-- Bud

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home